Betty Toon Collins is a shareholder who has been a member of Wise Carter Child & Caraway since 1987. Her health law commercial practice focuses on certificate of need, licensure and certification issues, and she provides guidance on general financing, contractual and corporate matters for healthcare and public utility clients of the firm.
Betty obtained her undergraduate degree (B.A. English) from Millsaps College in 1970 and graduated cum laude from Mississippi College School of Law in 1987 where she was the Senior Associate Editor of the Mississippi College Law Review and recipient of the Mississippi Bar Foundation award.
- Millsaps College, 1970, B.A.
- Mississippi College, 1987, J.D.
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Former President of the Health Law Section of the Mississippi Bar
Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2021:
- Commercial Transactions/UCC Law
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Health Care Law
- City of Gulfport v. McHugh et al., 38 So. 2d 674 (Miss. Ct. App. 2010)
- Singing River Hospital System v. Biloxi Regional Medical Center and Gulf Coast Medical Center, 928 So. 2d 810 (Miss. Ct. App. 2006)
- Queen City Nursing Center, Inc. v. Mississippi State Dept. of Health 80 So. 3d 73 (Miss. CV. App. 2011)