W. McDonald Nichols has practiced with Wise Carter since 1975. As a Fellow of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, his practice is concentrated in the areas of estate planning and administration, trust administration, will contests and fiduciary litigation.
He has represented individuals and trust departments in a wide array of matters in those areas. Don also handles real property matters for utility and railroad clients primarily involving site acquisitions, right-of-way matters and related litigation.
- Vanderbilt University, 1969, B.A.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, 1975, J.D., with honors
- Lieutenant, United States Navy, 1969-1972
- Adjunct Professor, Mississippi College School of Law
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Capital Area Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Law Journal
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2017-2021:
- Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law
- Litigation: Trusts and Estates
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts and Estates
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2016:
- Litigation: Trusts & Estates "Lawyer of the Year"
Publications and Seminars
- Undue Influence in Mississippi – Estates and Trusts Section of the Mississippi Bar
- Will Contests in Mississippi-Estate Planning Council of Mississippi
- Estates Planning Considerations-University of Mississippi CLE
- First National Bank v. Pursue Energy Corp., 799 F.2d 149 (5th Cir. 1986)
- Securities Investor Protection Corp. v. Erbon W. Wise, 750 F.2d 464 (5th Cir. 1985)