Jennifer Hughes Scott is a shareholder and has been a member of Wise Carter since August 2004.
Jennifer helps employers develop and implement forward-thinking, customized HR policies so that they can grow their businesses and attract and retain top-notch talent. By helping employers solve HR problems, they can mitigate risk, cultivate creative solutions, and successfully navigate HR challenges.
An advocate on behalf of employers facing litigation or administrative actions from current or former employees, she provides these employers with experienced guidance so that they can end disputes and focus on their business operations.
Jennifer also defends workers’ compensation claims and helps employers and carriers manage workers’ compensation programs so that they can reduce the costs of workplace injuries and ensure compliance with Mississippi law.
- Mississippi University for Women, 1991, B.A.
- Mississippi State University, 1994, M.A.
- Mississippi College School of Law, 2004, J.D., summa cum laude
- Visiting Instructor of English- Tougaloo College
- English Teacher - Jackson Preparatory School
- Adjunct Instructor - Hinds Community College
- Adjunct Instructor - Legal Writing - Mississippi College School of Law
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- Mississippi Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Managers (SHRM)
- National Workers' Compensation Defense Network
Civic and Charitable Interests
- Southern Christian Services for Children and Youth, Board of Directors (Immediate Past Chair)