Danielle Love Burks is an associate at Wise Carter and has been a member of the firm since February 2019.
Danielle’s practice focuses primarily on the areas of insurance law, medical malpractice defense, healthcare law, and general litigation matters.
Before becoming an attorney, Danielle worked as a Registered Nurse for several years, which provides her with ground-level understanding in her health law practice. Prior to joining Wise Carter, Danielle clerked for Chief Judge L. Joseph Lee of the Mississippi Court of Appeals for two years. Danielle resides in Madison with her husband Adam, though she is a proud Jackson native.
- The University of Southern Mississippi, B.S.N., 2010
- Mississippi College School of Law, 2016, J.D., summa cum laude
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Chief Judge L. Joseph Lee, Mississippi Court of Appeals, 2016-2018
- Law Clerk, The Honorable Judge David N. McCarty, Mississippi Court of Appeals, 2019
- Registered Nurse, Hattiesburg Clinic, 2010-2013
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- The Mississippi Bar
- Mississippi College Law Review, Managing Editor
- Mississippi College Health Law Society, Vice President
- The Mississippi Board of Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society of Nursing
- Hearin Scholar, Recipient
- Charles Clark American Inn of Court, Pupil Member, 2015
- Health Law Section of the Mississippi Bar Award, 2015
- Floyd & Luella Labor Law Award, 2015
Civic and Charitable Interests
- Active member of Grace Community Church, Jackson, Mississippi