Charlie Russell joined the firm as an associate in 2001 and is currently a Shareholder and Director in the firm’s Jackson office.
His practice is multi-jurisdictional and is concentrated on litigation, specifically railroad, transportation, commercial and general litigation at the trial and appellate levels. He has wide experience in litigating railroad claims. He has obtained trial defense verdicts, summary judgments and other successful outcomes for his clients in various jurisdictions throughout the United States. He is currently admitted to practice in all Mississippi State and Federal courts, the United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan, and pro hac vice various other jurisdictions.
Mr. Russell obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi in 1997. He obtained his JD (magna cum laude) from Mississippi College School of Law in 2001 where he served as a member and Articles Editor of the Mississippi College Law Review. In his free time, Mr. Russell enjoys spending time with his family, coaching his child’s sports teams, fishing and singing in his church’s choir.
- University of Mississippi, 1997, B.A.
- Mississippi College School of Law, 2001, J.D., magna cum laude
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
Civic and Charitable Interests
- Habitat for Humanity
- Member of St. James Episcopal Church
- Baker v. Canadian National/Illinois Central R.R.,2008 WL 2747464, (5th Cir. July 16, 2008)
- McCarty v. Illinois Central R.R., 75 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. 1045 (S.D.Miss., February26, 2008)
- McCarty v. Illinois Central R.R., 2008 WL 872327, (S.D.Miss., March 27, 2008)
- King v. Illinois Central R.R., 346 F.3d 539 (5th Cir. 2003)
- King v. Illinois Central R.R., 337 F.3d 550, 62 Fed. R. Evid. Serv. (5th Cir. 2003)
- Birrages v. Illinois Central R.R., 950 So.2d 188, 194 (Miss.Ct.App.2006)